RICHMOND C. MONTEVIRGEN is a Mid-Level Associate and a member of the Tax, Corporate Services, Technology Media and Telecommunications, and Data Privacy Departments of the Firm.
Richmond’s practice includes diverse areas in tax, corporate, commercial, and energy law for publicly listed and non-listed companies which involved advisory and representation with the Bureau of Internal Revenue and Bureau of Customs tax audits, transactional advisory on corporate restructurings, tax planning including advising on share transfers, registrations, compliance with Philippine Economic Zone Authority, and Securities and Exchange Commission, license applications with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas and with Local Government Units.
Richmond is also involved in drafting and negotiating Power Supply Agreements and Retail Electricity Supply Contracts, and he also attended public consultations conducted by the Energy Regulatory Commission.
Prior to joining the Firm, he was affiliated with SyCip Gorres, Velayo & Co. (SGV & Co.), a Philippine member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited, as a Senior Associate and with Aboitiz Power Corporation as a Contracts Support Manager.
A member of the Philippine Bar since 2017 and the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants since 2010, Richmond received his Bachelor of Laws degree from San Beda College (now San Beda University) and Bachelor of Arts Major in Accountancy from the same school.
Richmond’s recent transactions include:
• Providing advisory and representation on BIR tax audits with the Large Taxpayers Division, National Investigation Division, Large Excise Tax Division, Regional Offices, and Revenue District Offices*;
• Treaty Relief Applications for business profits and capital gains and Certificate of Residence for Tax Treaty Relief applications for dividends, interests, and royalties*;
• Transaction tax studies, corporate reorganizations, acquisition, spin-off, and reverse spin-off transactions for various corporate groups including general advice on Philippine Competition rules and regulations*
• Assisting importers with Customs Compliance Review, applications for the Voluntary Disclosure Program, Prior Disclosure Program, and Post Clearance Audit of the BOC*;
• Post Modification of Single Administrative Documents, Customs classification tax studies, Post Importation Customs Advisory*;
• Providing advisory and representation on PEZA applications and compliance requirements*
• Representing clients for applications with the BSP for registration of inbound investments*
• Drafting, negotiating and reviewing Power Supply Agreements and Retail Electricity Supply contracts*.