EDRIAN M. APAYA, is a Senior Associate who is part of the Corporate and Litigation Groups. His practice areas include taxation law, general corporate law, litigation, and transportation law. Edrian is a bar review coach at Jurists Bar Review Center. He is also a volunteer supervising lawyer of the Legal Aid Bureau, a student-run legal aid clinic of San Beda University. Edrian frequently serves as resource speaker at seminars organized by various organizations to discuss legal developments.
Edrian passed the 2014 Bar Examinations and is a member of the Philippine Bar since 2015. He received his Bachelor of Laws from what was then the San Beda College of Law - Manila (and now San Beda University) in 2014. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Bicol University where he graduated cum laude. During his legal studies, Edrian was the Chairman of the Legal Aid Bureau and received the Leadership Award in Community Engagements. He likewise served as a member of the Centralized Bar Operations and the Human Rights Advocates of San Beda College. He was a contributor of the San Beda Law Journal.
Edrian’s recent transactions and tasks include the following:
• Conduct of due diligence and acquisition of real property for various clients, including filing and payment of taxes and securing certificates authorizing registration from the Bureau of Internal Revenue, and transfers of title with the Registry of Deeds;
• Preparation of initiatory and other pleadings in civil and criminal cases, such as annulment, claims for damages, robbery, homicide, and qualified theft;
• Preparation of initiatory and other pleadings in administrative cases pending in the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board and the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board;
• Conduct of direct and cross-examination of witnesses in civil and criminal cases before the trial courts and the Sandiganbayan; and
• Preparation of appeals, petitions, and other pleadings before the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court.