KATHLEEN T. GUIANG is a Junior Associate and a member of the Corporate, Tax, Technology Media and Telecommunications Departments of the Firm.
Kathleen’s practice includes various areas of corporate, commercial and tax law, preparation and drafting of terms and conditions and privacy policies, advising upon the tax exposure of transactions, and providing general corporate services. Kathleen is involved in the regulatory compliance for publicly listed companies, which includes the preparation of structured and unstructured disclosures to the Philippine Stock Exchange and the Securities and Exchange Commission. Prior to joining the Firm, Kathleen was a Junior Associate at a reputable law firm in Makati and regularly handled internal revenue tax and local business tax controversies, estate settlements, and complex and general corporate transactions.
A member of the Philippine Bar since 2019, Kathleen received her Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from the Ateneo Law School. During her law studies, Kathleen was a member of the Ateneo Central Bar Operations and headed the Hotel Operations during the 2017 Bar Examinations. Kathleen also became her batch’s representative in the Ateneo Law Student Council. She obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science degree from the University of the Philippines Manila in 2014 where she graduated with latin honors.
Kathleen’s recent transactions include:
• Reviewing contracts for corporate and celebrity clients
• Drafting of corporate governance materials
• Preparing charter documents for the incorporation of legal entities that pursue a wide range of activities
• Assisting in regulatory compliance of publicly-listed companies, including preparation of disclosures
• Assisting in regulatory compliance of lending and financing companies