KRISTINE T. TORRES, is a Senior Associate and a member of the Corporate and Technology Media & Telecommunications Departments of the Firm. Kristine has vast experience in various practice areas, and specializes in corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, securities law, capital markets and foreign investments. She has extensive practice in advising on, negotiating, and documenting broad range of corporate transactions, including securities, banking and commercial arrangements such as joint ventures, corporate structuring and reorganization, securities registrations, initial public offering and private placement, debt and equity finance transactions, general taxation concerns, and legal and regulatory support with regard to doing business in the Philippines and cross-border transactions involving Philippine entities.
Kristine also represents clients before various government agencies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Board of Investments, and The Philippine Stock Exchange, Inc., among others.
A member of the Philippine Bar since 2013, Kristine received her Bachelor of Laws degree from San Beda College of Law in 2012 and received her Bachelor of Arts in Legal Management from the University of Sto. Tomas where she graduated cum laude and was a distinguished legal thesis awardee. During her legal studies, Kristine participated in the San Beda Law Debate Society, San Beda Legal Aid Bureau, and The Barrister, the law school official publication. She is also a contributing writer of the San Beda Law Journal.
Kristine holds a Certification in Finance from the Asian Institute of Management and attended certificate courses and masterclass in mergers and acquisitions at the University of Hong Kong, as well as in Singapore. She also obtained her Certification in Corporate Finance, Financial Markets, and Mergers and Acquisitions from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business.
Kristine’s recent transactions include advising on:
• Various capital markets transactions, initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, private placement, and listing applications;
• Various cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions involving asset and share purchase transactions, share-for-share swap, including drafting of definitive documents involving both private and publicly listed companies;
• Intellectual property acquisition and licensing transactions;
• Securities registration, regulatory and disclosure filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Philippine Stock Exchange, Inc.; • Corporate restructuring, equity and debt fundraising, debt offering and financing;
• Legal, regulatory, and licensing requirements for electronic money issuer, virtual currency exchange, merchant acquirer license and other applications with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas;
• Extensive due diligence work for securities offering, mergers and acquisitions both on the buy and sell side; and
• Various corporate and commercial transactions such as formation of joint ventures, foreign investments, and cross-border transactions as well as project development and infrastructure projects.