MARC CHRISTIAN M. LOPEZ is an Underbar Associate at the Firm and is currently undergoing training under various Departments.
Marc assists the Firm in contract drafting and legal research on issues involving tax, transportation, labor, real estate, and fintech-related laws and regulations. He also provides assistance in the rendition of general corporate services and in litigation matters being handled by the Firm.
While completing his legal studies, Marc concurrently served as a Legal Assistant at the Office of Supreme Court Associate Justice Marvic Mario Victor F. Leonen and as a Research Assistant at the UP Law Center Institute of Human Rights. He was President of UP Law Karapatan ng Komunidad sa Loob ng Selda and an Editorial Assistant for the Philippine Law Journal.
Marc earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of the Philippines College of Law. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Filipino Literature from the Ateneo de Manila University, where he received a Loyola Schools Award for the Arts in Creative Writing.
Marc’s recent transactions include:
• Research assistance for the preparation of legal memoranda assessing the applicable regulations to fintech, electronic procurement, and electronic gaming platforms;
• Assessment of legal protections under the Philippine data privacy law and regulations for a leading global dental company that provides services to 130 countries;
• Preparation of a draft legislative bill incentivizing urban agriculture and vertical farming initiatives;
• Assistance on tax-related inquiries and estate settlement matters;
• Preparation of documentary requirements for public biddings for lease of transportation services; and
• Reviewing and drafting contracts for corporate matters and commercial transactions.