MARIEL CLAIRE D. GONZALES, is a Junior Associate and a member of the Litigation and Corporate Departments of the Firm.
Mariel’s practice includes civil and criminal law litigation, advising the Firm’s corporate clients about legal and regulatory compliance, handling real and personal property transfers as well as conducting contract review, and performing full legal and financial due diligence. Prior to joining the Firm, Mariel worked as a Junior Associate at a law office located in Ortigas Center where she practiced litigation in the fields of civil, criminal, and labor law as well as handled cases involving the opposition of trademark applications.
A member of the Philippine Bar since 2017, Mariel received her Juris Doctor from the Ateneo de Manila University School of Law in 2015. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, major in Legal Management, from the Ateneo de Manila University. During her legal studies, Mariel authored a thesis entitled “Secondary Copyright Infringement in Light of the Amendments to the Intellectual Property Code as Provided in Section 22 of R.A. 10372: The Liabilities of Parties in a Crowdfunding Transaction to Third Persons Should the Crowdfunding Project Infringe on the Copyright of the Latter,” which she defended before a thesis panel at the Ateneo Law School.
Mariel’s recent transactions include:
• Advising various individuals and corporate clients on both prospective and pending civil, criminal, labor, and environmental cases;
• Corporate restructuring, transfers of shares of stock, incorporation and post-incorporation transactions;
• Conducting legal and financial due diligence for corporate clients vying to be listed in the Philippine Stock Exchange;
• Advising clients who belong to the entertainment industry, including contract review of entertainment contracts; and
• Responding to registrability reports issued by the Bureau of Trademarks under the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines.