MICAELA KRISTINA V. GALVEZ, is a Senior Associate and a member of the Corporate, Technology Law, Tax and Intellectual Property departments of the Firm.
Mica’s practice includes various areas of corporate and commercial law such as securities offering, mergers and acquisitions including transactional advisory, and legal due diligence reports. She is also involved in structuring of transactions and tax planning, drafting and negotiating transaction documents, cross-border transactions and share transfer deals.
She has a wide array of corporate practice areas, which include the drafting of charter documents for corporate entities, corporate agreements and arrangements, corporate governance materials, licensing agreements and other business agreements. Mica also assists clients in their corporate organization and restructuring and provides tax consultations.
Mica is also involved in the regulatory compliance for publicly listed companies, including the preparation of structured and unstructured disclosures. She assists clients in securing regulatory approvals from the Securities and Exchange Commission and in various license applications with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
Mica received her Bachelor’s degree in Legal Management from the Ateneo de Manila University in 2010 and her Bachelor of Laws degree from San Beda College in Manila in 2014. She was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2015. She completed the 6th diploma program in Corporate Finance from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business Center for Continuing Education.
Mica’s recent transactions include:
• Representing and advising corporations on fundraising and equity transactions;
• Conduct of a Legal due diligence, corporate structuring for acquisition transactions, drafting of the definitive agreements and securing of the necessary regulatory permits, licenses and tax clearances for the said acquisition;
• Assisting corporations on their regulatory compliances, including preparation of disclosures of listed companies, and audit compliances for non-bank financial institutions;
• Providing legal advice to Technology focused clients including matters involving virtual currencies and/or digital assets taking into account the applicable Philippine legal framework;
• Providing legal advice and propose efficient structures to foreign entities that plan to invest and/or set up business in the Philippines;
• Preparation and processing of license applications for non-bank financial institutions and representing clients before the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas; and
• Representing clients before the Securities and Exchange Commission, Bureau of Internal Revenue, Intellectual Property Office.