MIGUEL LUIGI L. CALAYAG, is a Junior Associate of the Firm and is a member of the Corporate and Technology, Media, and Telecommunications Departments. His practice areas include general corporate law, regulatory affairs, and blockchain technology.
He began his legal career as an underbar for litigation at the Britanico Sarmiento & Ringler Law Offices. He then served as a lawyer at the Constitutional Committee to Review the 1987 Constitution (“ConCom”). He became the Head of the Journals Team of the Ad-Hoc Office for Post-ConCom Functions under the Presidential Management Staff of the Office of the President, Republic of the Philippines.
A member of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines since 2018, Miguel earned his bachelor’s degree in Political Science, with a minor in Chinese Studies, from the Ateneo de Manila University. He graduated with honors. He was an international exchange student at the National University of Singapore and the Sun Yat-Sen University. He holds a Juris Doctor from the Ateneo Law School. During his legal studies, Miguel was a member of the Board of Editors of the Ateneo Law Journal for three years, and was elected as Lead Editor and member of the Journal’s Executive Committee.
Miguel’s recent transactions include:
• Advising foreign and domestic corporations on equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, dismissal of employees, and regulatory frameworks on cryptocurrencies;
• Having advised a medical institution on challenges against its government accreditation;*
• Having advised an embassy on multiple concerns such as diplomatic immunity, labor law, and business process outsourcing;*
• Assisted various clients with civil, criminal, and administrative cases pending before different courts and quasi-judicial agencies;* and
• Assisted the Committee Secretary and the Chairman of the ConCom concerning select provisions of the 1987 Constitution and proposed revisions thereto.*
*Matters handled prior to joining GorricetaLaw