REGINA ISABEL R. ONGSIAKO is an Underbar Associate and currently training under the different departments of the Firm, including the Corporate, Intellectual Property, Technology Media and Telecommunication, and Data Privacy Practice Groups.
Ina’s training includes general corporate services, mergers and acquisitions, and assisting in the acquisition of licensing requirements for electronic money issuers, virtual currency exchanges, and other blockchain-based technology companies. Ina is also being trained to handle intellectual property acquisition and litigation. She assists in data privacy compliance work.
During her legal studies, Ina competed in various moot court competitions, including the 2018 Red Cross National Moot Court Competition on Humanitarian Law, where she and her team won Overall Champions and garnered the awards for Best Memorial for the Defense and Best Memorial for the Prosecution. Ina also represented the Philippines in international competitions, including the 24th Annual Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition International Finals, where she led as Team Captain and won 1st Runner-Up Best Memorial.
Ina earned her Juris Doctor degree from the Ateneo Law School in 2020, where she graduated 23rd in her class. She obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from De La Salle University-Manila in 2014. Ina is set to take the Philippine Bar Exams this year.
Ina’s recent transactions include:
• Incorporation and post-incorporation registration of companies;
• Legal and financial due diligence for mergers and acquisitions;
• The filing of applications for trademark and copyright registrations;
• The filing of inter partes pleadings before the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines;
• Reviewing and drafting of contracts for corporate and commercial transactions;
• Corporate restructuring;
• Risk assessment and compliance on data privacy matters; and
• Legal, regulatory, and licensing requirements for the Firm’s finance and technology projects involving blockchain technology.