Practice Areas: Mergers and Acquisitions, Banking, Finance, and Capital Markets, Securities, Corporate and Commercial Law, Technology Media & Telecommunications
KRISTINE T. TORRES is a Junior Partner of the Firm. She is a member of the Corporate and Technology Media and Telecommunications departments of the Firm. Kristine specializes in corporate and business law, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, banking, finance, and securities law. She advises clients on the entry of foreign investments in the Philippines, various cross-border and commercial transactions including joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and securities offering, equity and debt capital raising transactions, corporate restructuring, legal and regulatory compliance, and tech licensing agreements.
Kristine handled significant transactions where she:
• acted as transaction counsel for issuers and underwriters in the Philippines in connection with initial public offerings and capital markets transactions.
• acted as legal counsel for sellers and buyers in various mergers and acquisitions, and asset purchase transactions.
• assisted clients in intellectual property acquisition and tech licensing transactions.
• acted as Philippine counsel in various corporate and commercial transactions such as the formation of joint ventures, foreign investments, cross-border transactions, project development, and infrastructure projects.
• advised clients on the legal, regulatory, and licensing requirements for electronic money issuer, virtual currency exchange, merchant acquirer license, and other applications with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
Kristine was admitted to the Philippine bar in 2013. She received her Bachelor of Laws degree from San Beda University of Law in 2012, and a Bachelor of Arts in Legal Management from the University of Sto. Tomas where she graduated cum laude. She is a member of the Manila chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines, and Inter-Pacific Bar Association.
Kristine also holds a Certification in Finance from the Asian Institute of Management and attended certificate courses and a masterclass in mergers and acquisitions at the University of Hong Kong, as well as in Singapore. She also obtained her Certification in Corporate Finance, Financial Markets, and Mergers and Acquisitions from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business.