Practice Areas: Capital Markets, Intellectual Property, Mergers & Acquisitions, Technology Media & Telecommunications, Securities Law, and General Corporate Services
Mica’s practice includes various areas of corporate and commercial law such as securities offering, mergers and acquisitions, transactional advisory, and legal due diligence. She is also involved in structuring transactions and tax planning, drafting and negotiating transaction documents, cross-border transactions, and share transfer deals. Mica is also involved in regulatory compliance for publicly listed companies, and assists clients in securing secondary license/s from the Securities and Exchange Commission and various license applications with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
Mica received her BS Management degree Major in Legal Management from the Ateneo de Manila University in 2010 and her Bachelor of Laws degree from San Beda University in Manila in 2014. She was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2015. She completed the 6th diploma program in Corporate Finance from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business Center for Continuing Education.
Mica’s recent transactions include:
• Representing and advising corporations on fundraising and equity transactions;
• Conduct of legal due diligence, corporate structuring for acquisition transactions, drafting of the definitive agreements and securing of the necessary regulatory permits, licenses, and tax clearances for the said acquisition;
• Assisting corporations with their regulatory compliances, including preparation of disclosures of listed companies, and audit compliances for non-bank financial institutions;
• Providing legal advice and proposing efficient structures to foreign entities that plan to invest and/or set up businesses in the Philippines;
• Providing legal advice and proposing efficient structures to foreign entities that plan to invest and/or set up business in the Philippines;
• Preparation and processing of license applications for non-bank financial institutions and representing clients before the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas; and
• Representing clients before the Securities and Exchange Commission, Bureau of Internal Revenue, Intellectual Property Office.